Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Carrot Yogurt Peanut Italian Herb bread Biscuit 4 Acting Class

I'd very much like to improvement my presentation skill. I'd like to deliver a smooth attention grabbing fun cooking instruction. I'd like to learn the "showmanship" And I like to do it as quickly possible. I've been calling and check around, and finally, we visited one actor studio on the fine day we had great lunch and dinner at Nico's at pier 38 and 3660 on the Rise and a Doris Duke estate tour, I decided that's what I like to go.

Why the pot, not a plastic bucket as Zoe and Jeff suggested. Well, because I just cook up a big chunk of delicious pork should in it. It means more yummy flavor and less dish washing. Isn't it cool?
With the cover, now I save the saran wrap, just leave it a little open for 2 hours to proof the dough, with all goodies inside, the carrot juice solid, tons of yogurt, peanut butter, almond butter, fresh basil and Italian herb Macadamia nut oil, not to mention creamy carrot soup with tons of milk, some tomato, and seasoning, not to forget the vinegar. Ha ha ha, you sure know this is no one's bread but Mabel's

I love it the first class is to see a movie, "City Island",  with Andy Garcia, Julianna Margulies who I didn't recognized first on the post, another student/actor talked like she's not unknown. When I watch the movie, I realized oh gee she's the ER doctor. She does look a little different. After the movie, we talked about the acting part. It's so cool. I have to say I can't find anything wrong with all the excellent acting by everybody. The movie attracts you from the beginning till end, nevertheless, I don't have a feeling for the movie as a whole. I don't think I care for seeing it again.

Our teacher, is an actress and producer who of course knows everything, the in and out of actors/film business. On the second class, she told us she is producing a movie and she invited us all to go in LA for extra background roll!!!! I am so exited. Hope it'd be a great success for her.
wow, overflow. proof done.
I am thinking it'd be nice to bring some food to share with the class. I brought little whole wheat Pain D'epi (wheat stalk, french bread) and a few kinds of non butter yet tasty biscuits with whole wheat, rye flour, peanut butter, yogurt, carrots, spinach...

well, the traffic is awful, I didn't understand why it's so slow on Saturday I only found out it was UH graduation day, I was late like 5 minutes? And I also realize 1 week later that I was 35 minute late it started 30 earlier than the stated schedule. Now I realize why they told me that they didn't know I was going so there was nothing arrange for me to do. I was watching the students doing a scene, mine, they are s---o---- good. I took some note and we were assigned to do some monologue next time. Our teacher really knows lots of stuff and she gives time to everybody. There's this uplifting vibe in her class.

For the 2nd class, I decided to do Zoe and Jeff fool proof 5 minutes Artisan bread. I have so much carrots and solid from juice, hahaha. so I started early in the morning, mine, it's a lot of dough and I could not use all the carrot solid. Well, I used it all in the lentil bean ham and beef stew later. That's a very healthy regulation friendly dish. Russ loves the "effect" very much. I'll show you the dish in later post.
another proof of 90 minutes done.

I took this whole tray to the class. mine, it was gorgeous when I test taste it, it's full of flavor, small really good like pizza, very crispy outside and custard like inside. wow, this is a weow bread. shit, by the time the class end, I got a piece from our teacher, it turned into another animal, it's all soggy, not like a bread at all, and, worst of all, it has this nasty bitter after tone at the root of your tone when it meets your throat as the bread slide down. shit. I am embarrassed to give something like that away. If I have business, that's going to ruin my reputation. I know it's the alcohol taste produced by the yeast over proof, what I don't know is how come this taste is not there when it's done and how to get rid of this taste or how not to get it in. heat it up, cool the bread in rack? I haven't have time to deal with this issue yet.

The embarrassing has not stop from here. The next class, I bring some sweet decadent. sinful finger licking peanut candy with orange zest, orange liqueur,  vanilla, organic milk and organic raw sugar, and cranberry sauce. I use some rice flour hoping to replace the corn syrup I don't have.  freaking a, it turn really sticky and gooey rather than hardening after cooling down. oh shit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment