Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

4 tips for Lean Delicious Pressure Cooker Dishes

You can’t beat the pressure cooker in time and energy saving. I put in the cheap but fresh solid rock hard few pound poultry or meat straight from the freezer to pressure cooker, in 10 to 30 minutes, you have something cooked and i can do other stuff during the pressure cooking time. I have electric one. I got it at similar price as regular one. My pressure cooker works wonder for me.
 
Somebody complained about the pressure cooked food.  The flavor of pressure cooked food indeed is not as fully developed as the crop pot cooked one.  Well, my good is always delicious. Here's my secrets or tips

1.I usually use high pressure to bring up the pressure then switch gear to low pressure. 
  
2.I also continue the cooking by putting the food in regular pot while I reduce the liquid and and/or skim the fat to make the yummy sauce for the meat any way;

  The over 10lb "gorilla" of juicy fresh Chuck Roast on sale was done under 2 hours total time from beginning trimming the fat away to end storing the meat. I cooked the beef in 3 patches each 15 minutes, in my 16 cup capacity electric pressure cooker. Now the meat's out and the fat (3 cups!!!!) is skimmed. The beef would be put back in the liquid which is to be slowly reduced.
 
3.and for the vegetable, you can cook it longer or put more flavor in it before or after cooking.

4. I use fish sauce, miso paste of soy sauce. they are way cheaper version than the beef or chicken stock. 

Yes, the texture is firmer, but I don’t think my pressure cooked food is any inferior than food cooked in any other way.
 It's super lean, easy to digest, super tasty and not to forget, it's less than $1 per serving of meat! This is not the final dish. I use some of it in my savory lentil kidney bean wheat stew, some in to hot creamy curry beef, the rest stored in freezer for future use. With some vegetable, some starch, you can make a very quick easy healthy tasty beef meal, i.e. beef noodle, beef stew, beef salad, saute beef and broccoli/tomato/onion.... the sky is the limit. Ref. to What's for Diner? .... Ta Da !-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment